- Juli 11, 20162015 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit $31.9 Billion Retail Value, 12% increase since 2010
- Juni 28, 2016Explore Santa Cruz Mountains on a California Wines Road Trip
- Juni 02, 2016California Wine Country and National Parks Centennial: The Perfect Summer Travel Pairing
- Mai 19, 2016Explore Livermore on a California Wines Road Trip
- Mai 02, 2016Second Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards Announced
- März 24, 2016Celebrate California Sustainable Winegrowing During Down to Earth Month in April
- März 15, 2016Explore the Sierra Foothills on a California Wines Road Trip
- Februar 29, 2016California Wine Exports Set Record in 2015: Worldwide Demand Grows, Despite Strong Dollar
- Februar 16, 2016Explore Lodi on a California Wines Road Trip
- Januar 20, 2016Explore Lake County on a California Wines Road Trip
- Dezember 03, 2015Explore Napa Valley on a California Wines Road Trip
- November 12, 2015Explore Sonoma County on a California Wines Road Trip
- Oktober 15, 20152015 California Winegrape Harvest: Early, Light and Exceptional Quality
- Oktober 13, 2015Explore Mendocino County on a California Wines Road Trip
- August 24, 2015Experience California Wine Month this September
- Juli 02, 2015Top 10 Reasons to Love California Zinfandel
- Juni 04, 2015Five Great California Wine and Food Road Trips
- Mai 19, 20152014 California Wine Sales Grow 4.4% by Volume and 6.7% by Value in the U.S.
- Mai 13, 2015Wine Institute Showcases California Wines for Top Media and Trade from Canada, Europe, Asia and Latin America
- April 15, 2015Wine Institute Launches Sustainable Winegrowing Certificate Course
- April 13, 2015Winners Announced for First Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- April 01, 2015Raise a Glass to “Green” for California Wines Down to Earth Month
- Februar 26, 2015California Wines Fuel $1.49 Billion in U.S. Wine Exports in 2014
- Januar 22, 2015California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) Receives Governor's Top Environmental Award
- Januar 07, 2015Great Winter Wine Escapes in California Wine Country
- Dezember 02, 2014"Down to Earth" California Wine Country Recipes for the Holidays
- Oktober 30, 2014Ten Great Places to Hike, Bike and Sip in California
- Oktober 27, 20142014 California Winegrape Harvest: Earliest and Third in a String of Great Vintages this Decade
- September 16, 2014California Wines Website Available in Seven Languages for 10 Markets
- August 22, 2014New Discover California Wines Presentation Available
Seasonal Inspiration from
Sustainable Winegrowing Book
SAN FRANCISCO — Looking for new recipes to transform your traditional holiday fare this year? These delicious and sustainably-minded dishes from Wine Institute’s new book,
“Down to Earth: A Seasonal Tour of Sustainable Winegrowing in California,” will set the stage – and your table – for a holiday to remember.
Your celebration can have a festive start with Grilled Oysters with Creamy Chipotle Sauce. The creamy texture of the oysters and spiciness of the chipotle sauce are a luscious combination with California Chardonnay or Pinot Gris. Sparkling wine always works with oysters too.
The main attraction? Try a flavorful Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder with Carrots and Fresh Herbs. Serve it hot with roasted carrots and savory pan drippings. Thin-sliced leftovers make great day-after sandwiches. Pair this dish with California Zinfandel or Cabernet Sauvignon.
Explore an alternative to holiday turkey this year with Pan-Seared Duck Breast with Cherry Pinot Noir Sauce. Pair it with Pinot Noir or a favorite California Zinfandel.
Visit www.discovercaliforniawines.com for more exciting California recipes, fun wine country events, and information about Wine Institute’s new book, “Down to Earth,” which also makes a great holiday gift for wine lovers. It is available for purchase at Amazon.com and discovercaliforniawines.com/downtoearth.
Wine Institute is the association of nearly 1,000 California wineries and wine-related businesses dedicated to enhancing the environment for the responsible production, consumption and enjoyment of wine. California is the fourth largest wine producer in the world, making 90 percent of all U.S. wine and three out of every five bottles enjoyed in the U.S. Each year, 21 million tourists visit wine regions throughout the state to explore and enjoy the wines, cuisine and cultural offerings associated with California’s signature industry. Go to: www.discovercaliforniawines.com for more information.
# # #
Note to Editors: Photos of the dishes are available at
Book review copies available upon request.