- August 21, 2017Celebrate California Wine Month in September
- Juni 28, 2017California Wineries Offer Top Wine and Food Experiences Year-Round
- Juni 08, 2017Winery Concerts, Festivals, Picnics and More: Great Ways to Experience California Wine Country this Summer
- Mai 02, 20172016 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit New Record: 238 Million Cases with Retail Value of $34.1 Billion
- April 06, 2017Winners Announced for Third Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- März 27, 2017Raise a Glass to "Green" California Wines During Down to Earth Month in April
- März 09, 2017Explore California’s Wine Regions on the Rise
- Februar 14, 2017California Wine Exports Reach Record $1.62 Billion in 2016
- Januar 05, 2017Explore Southern California on a California Wines Road Trip
- Dezember 14, 2016Explore the Inland Valleys on a California Wines Road Trip
- November 15, 2016California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) Receives Drinks Business 2016 Green Award
- November 01, 2016Explore Monterey County on a California Wines Road Trip
- Oktober 19, 20162016 California Winegrape Harvest: Early, Normal Yield, Exquisite Quality
- Oktober 12, 2016Explore Paso Robles & San Luis Obispo on a California Wines Road Trip
- September 29, 2016Explore Santa Barbara on a California Wines Road Trip
- August 18, 2016Cheers to California Wine Month this September
- August 04, 2016California Wine Shows Strength in Challenging Economy: 2015 Annual Economic Impact Grows to $57.6 Billion in California, $114.1 Billion in U.S.
- Juli 11, 20162015 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit $31.9 Billion Retail Value, 12% increase since 2010
- Juni 28, 2016Explore Santa Cruz Mountains on a California Wines Road Trip
- Juni 02, 2016California Wine Country and National Parks Centennial: The Perfect Summer Travel Pairing
- Mai 19, 2016Explore Livermore on a California Wines Road Trip
- Mai 02, 2016Second Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards Announced
- März 24, 2016Celebrate California Sustainable Winegrowing During Down to Earth Month in April
- März 15, 2016Explore the Sierra Foothills on a California Wines Road Trip
- Februar 29, 2016California Wine Exports Set Record in 2015: Worldwide Demand Grows, Despite Strong Dollar
- Februar 16, 2016Explore Lodi on a California Wines Road Trip
- Januar 20, 2016Explore Lake County on a California Wines Road Trip
- Dezember 03, 2015Explore Napa Valley on a California Wines Road Trip
- November 12, 2015Explore Sonoma County on a California Wines Road Trip
- Oktober 15, 20152015 California Winegrape Harvest: Early, Light and Exceptional Quality
New Down to Earth Wine Book Offers Seasonal Inspiration
SAN FRANCISCO — Treat Mom to a Mother’s Day (May 11th) lunch of recipes inspired by California wine country’s fresh, seasonal ingredients. These sustainably-minded dishes are four of a delicious dozen in Wine Institute’s new book, Down to Earth: A Seasonal Tour of Sustainable Winegrowing in California, that are sure to put a smile on Mom’s face. Don’t feel like cooking? Check out all the fun wine country events that are perfect for celebrating Mom on Mother’s Day and beyond!
Start things off “green” with these pretty Open-Faced Avocado Sandwiches with Arugula Pesto and Crisp Cucumber. The avocado’s mellow, nutty flavor contrasts delightfully with the peppery snap of arugula and cool cucumber on this rustic, open-faced sandwich. Serve with dry California Rosé or Sauvignon Blanc.
A light seafood dish is perfect for a spring lunch. California’s farmed mussels are available most of the year and are approved as a sustainable choice by Seafood Watch. Saffron adds a note of intrigue to California Mussels in Basil-Saffron White Wine Broth and Roasted Garlic with Sage and Rosemary. This flavorful, aromatic classic pairs beautifully with California Chardonnay or Pinot Gris.
If farmed mussels aren’t available in your area, another great main course is Watercress Salad with Sautéed Rainbow Trout, Manchego and Toasted Almonds. The watercress’ spicy flair and the piquant flavor of Manchego cheese give the mildness of fresh trout a delicious lift. Pair it with California Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris.
Visit www.discovercaliforniawines.com for more exciting California recipes, fun wine country events and information about Wine Institute’s new book, Down to Earth, which also makes a great gift for wine-loving Moms. It is available for purchase at Amazon.com and discovercaliforniawines.com/downtoearth.
About Wine Institute
Wine Institute is the association of 1,000 California wineries and wine-related businesses dedicated to enhancing the environment for the responsible production, consumption and enjoyment of wine. California is the fourth largest wine producer in the world, making 90 percent of all U.S. wine and three out of every five bottles enjoyed in the U.S. Each year, 21 million tourists visit wine regions throughout the state to explore and enjoy the wines, cuisine and cultural offerings associated with California’s signature industry. Go to: www.discovercaliforniawines.com for more California wine information.