- Mai 19, 2016Explore Livermore on a California Wines Road Trip
- Mai 02, 2016Second Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards Announced
- März 24, 2016Celebrate California Sustainable Winegrowing During Down to Earth Month in April
- März 15, 2016Explore the Sierra Foothills on a California Wines Road Trip
- Februar 29, 2016California Wine Exports Set Record in 2015: Worldwide Demand Grows, Despite Strong Dollar
- Februar 16, 2016Explore Lodi on a California Wines Road Trip
- Januar 20, 2016Explore Lake County on a California Wines Road Trip
- Dezember 03, 2015Explore Napa Valley on a California Wines Road Trip
- November 12, 2015Explore Sonoma County on a California Wines Road Trip
- Oktober 15, 20152015 California Winegrape Harvest: Early, Light and Exceptional Quality
- Oktober 13, 2015Explore Mendocino County on a California Wines Road Trip
- August 24, 2015Experience California Wine Month this September
- Juli 02, 2015Top 10 Reasons to Love California Zinfandel
- Juni 04, 2015Five Great California Wine and Food Road Trips
- Mai 19, 20152014 California Wine Sales Grow 4.4% by Volume and 6.7% by Value in the U.S.
- Mai 13, 2015Wine Institute Showcases California Wines for Top Media and Trade from Canada, Europe, Asia and Latin America
- April 15, 2015Wine Institute Launches Sustainable Winegrowing Certificate Course
- April 13, 2015Winners Announced for First Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- April 01, 2015Raise a Glass to “Green” for California Wines Down to Earth Month
- Februar 26, 2015California Wines Fuel $1.49 Billion in U.S. Wine Exports in 2014
- Januar 22, 2015California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) Receives Governor's Top Environmental Award
- Januar 07, 2015Great Winter Wine Escapes in California Wine Country
- Dezember 02, 2014"Down to Earth" California Wine Country Recipes for the Holidays
- Oktober 30, 2014Ten Great Places to Hike, Bike and Sip in California
- Oktober 27, 20142014 California Winegrape Harvest: Earliest and Third in a String of Great Vintages this Decade
- September 16, 2014California Wines Website Available in Seven Languages for 10 Markets
- August 22, 2014New Discover California Wines Presentation Available
- August 19, 2014Cheers to the 10th Annual California Wine Month: September 2014
- Mai 20, 2014Winery Concerts in California this Summer:
- Mai 07, 2014Wine Institute Receives Drinks Business 2014 Green Award
New Down to Earth Wine Book Offers Seasonal Inspiration
SAN FRANCISCO — Treat Mom to a Mother’s Day (May 11th) lunch of recipes inspired by California wine country’s fresh, seasonal ingredients. These sustainably-minded dishes are four of a delicious dozen in Wine Institute’s new book, Down to Earth: A Seasonal Tour of Sustainable Winegrowing in California, that are sure to put a smile on Mom’s face. Don’t feel like cooking? Check out all the fun wine country events that are perfect for celebrating Mom on Mother’s Day and beyond!
Start things off “green” with these pretty Open-Faced Avocado Sandwiches with Arugula Pesto and Crisp Cucumber. The avocado’s mellow, nutty flavor contrasts delightfully with the peppery snap of arugula and cool cucumber on this rustic, open-faced sandwich. Serve with dry California Rosé or Sauvignon Blanc.
A light seafood dish is perfect for a spring lunch. California’s farmed mussels are available most of the year and are approved as a sustainable choice by Seafood Watch. Saffron adds a note of intrigue to California Mussels in Basil-Saffron White Wine Broth and Roasted Garlic with Sage and Rosemary. This flavorful, aromatic classic pairs beautifully with California Chardonnay or Pinot Gris.
If farmed mussels aren’t available in your area, another great main course is Watercress Salad with Sautéed Rainbow Trout, Manchego and Toasted Almonds. The watercress’ spicy flair and the piquant flavor of Manchego cheese give the mildness of fresh trout a delicious lift. Pair it with California Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Gris.
Visit www.discovercaliforniawines.com for more exciting California recipes, fun wine country events and information about Wine Institute’s new book, Down to Earth, which also makes a great gift for wine-loving Moms. It is available for purchase at Amazon.com and discovercaliforniawines.com/downtoearth.
About Wine Institute
Wine Institute is the association of 1,000 California wineries and wine-related businesses dedicated to enhancing the environment for the responsible production, consumption and enjoyment of wine. California is the fourth largest wine producer in the world, making 90 percent of all U.S. wine and three out of every five bottles enjoyed in the U.S. Each year, 21 million tourists visit wine regions throughout the state to explore and enjoy the wines, cuisine and cultural offerings associated with California’s signature industry. Go to: www.discovercaliforniawines.com for more California wine information.