- Juli 11, 20162015 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit $31.9 Billion Retail Value, 12% increase since 2010
- Juni 28, 2016Explore Santa Cruz Mountains on a California Wines Road Trip
- Juni 02, 2016California Wine Country and National Parks Centennial: The Perfect Summer Travel Pairing
- Mai 19, 2016Explore Livermore on a California Wines Road Trip
- Mai 02, 2016Second Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards Announced
- März 24, 2016Celebrate California Sustainable Winegrowing During Down to Earth Month in April
- März 15, 2016Explore the Sierra Foothills on a California Wines Road Trip
- Februar 29, 2016California Wine Exports Set Record in 2015: Worldwide Demand Grows, Despite Strong Dollar
- Februar 16, 2016Explore Lodi on a California Wines Road Trip
- Januar 20, 2016Explore Lake County on a California Wines Road Trip
- Dezember 03, 2015Explore Napa Valley on a California Wines Road Trip
- November 12, 2015Explore Sonoma County on a California Wines Road Trip
- Oktober 15, 20152015 California Winegrape Harvest: Early, Light and Exceptional Quality
- Oktober 13, 2015Explore Mendocino County on a California Wines Road Trip
- August 24, 2015Experience California Wine Month this September
- Juli 02, 2015Top 10 Reasons to Love California Zinfandel
- Juni 04, 2015Five Great California Wine and Food Road Trips
- Mai 19, 20152014 California Wine Sales Grow 4.4% by Volume and 6.7% by Value in the U.S.
- Mai 13, 2015Wine Institute Showcases California Wines for Top Media and Trade from Canada, Europe, Asia and Latin America
- April 15, 2015Wine Institute Launches Sustainable Winegrowing Certificate Course
- April 13, 2015Winners Announced for First Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- April 01, 2015Raise a Glass to “Green” for California Wines Down to Earth Month
- Februar 26, 2015California Wines Fuel $1.49 Billion in U.S. Wine Exports in 2014
- Januar 22, 2015California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) Receives Governor's Top Environmental Award
- Januar 07, 2015Great Winter Wine Escapes in California Wine Country
- Dezember 02, 2014"Down to Earth" California Wine Country Recipes for the Holidays
- Oktober 30, 2014Ten Great Places to Hike, Bike and Sip in California
- Oktober 27, 20142014 California Winegrape Harvest: Earliest and Third in a String of Great Vintages this Decade
- September 16, 2014California Wines Website Available in Seven Languages for 10 Markets
- August 22, 2014New Discover California Wines Presentation Available
Educational PowerPoint on History, Geography, Climate,
Soils, Regions, Wines and More with Beautiful Imagery
SAN FRANCISCO — Wine Institute has released a new educational PowerPoint presentation on California wines that can now be downloaded by wineries, regions, the trade and all others interested in using this new resource.
The free download, “Discover California Wines,” presents the unique features of California wines with information on the state’s wine history, people, geography, climate, soils, regions, American Viticultural Areas, wine varietals, sustainable winegrowing trends, California wine and food pairing, economic impact and more. There is both a short and long version of the PowerPoint, and the content is modular in nature so that users can customize their presentation for the length and content they need. The presentation is available at Wine Institute’s consumer website: www.discovercaliforniawines.com/media-trade/images-presentations.
The PowerPoint tool was developed to support a wide variety of uses—from educational seminars and sales presentations to sheer entertainment. The presentation shows California’s beautiful iconic images as well as many fun factoids about California and each of its wine regions. For instance, it presents an animated visual of California’s famous fog rolling through coastal mountain gaps, wine and whales in Monterey, flower cover crops and sheep as part of green winegrowing practices, and gnarly vines in Amador County. Other slides show what’s trendy on the state’s hot food scene with suggestions for wine pairings.
Wine Institute is the association of 1,000 California wineries and wine-related businesses dedicated to enhancing the environment for the responsible production, consumption and enjoyment of wine. California is the fourth largest wine producer in the world, making 90 percent of all U.S. wine. Each year, millions of tourists visit wine regions throughout the state to explore and enjoy the wines, the cuisine and cultural offerings associated with California’s signature industry.