- September 29, 2016Explore Santa Barbara on a California Wines Road Trip
- August 18, 2016Cheers to California Wine Month this September
- August 04, 2016California Wine Shows Strength in Challenging Economy: 2015 Annual Economic Impact Grows to $57.6 Billion in California, $114.1 Billion in U.S.
- Juli 11, 20162015 California Wine Sales in U.S. Hit $31.9 Billion Retail Value, 12% increase since 2010
- Juni 28, 2016Explore Santa Cruz Mountains on a California Wines Road Trip
- Juni 02, 2016California Wine Country and National Parks Centennial: The Perfect Summer Travel Pairing
- Mai 19, 2016Explore Livermore on a California Wines Road Trip
- Mai 02, 2016Second Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards Announced
- März 24, 2016Celebrate California Sustainable Winegrowing During Down to Earth Month in April
- März 15, 2016Explore the Sierra Foothills on a California Wines Road Trip
- Februar 29, 2016California Wine Exports Set Record in 2015: Worldwide Demand Grows, Despite Strong Dollar
- Februar 16, 2016Explore Lodi on a California Wines Road Trip
- Januar 20, 2016Explore Lake County on a California Wines Road Trip
- Dezember 03, 2015Explore Napa Valley on a California Wines Road Trip
- November 12, 2015Explore Sonoma County on a California Wines Road Trip
- Oktober 15, 20152015 California Winegrape Harvest: Early, Light and Exceptional Quality
- Oktober 13, 2015Explore Mendocino County on a California Wines Road Trip
- August 24, 2015Experience California Wine Month this September
- Juli 02, 2015Top 10 Reasons to Love California Zinfandel
- Juni 04, 2015Five Great California Wine and Food Road Trips
- Mai 19, 20152014 California Wine Sales Grow 4.4% by Volume and 6.7% by Value in the U.S.
- Mai 13, 2015Wine Institute Showcases California Wines for Top Media and Trade from Canada, Europe, Asia and Latin America
- April 15, 2015Wine Institute Launches Sustainable Winegrowing Certificate Course
- April 13, 2015Winners Announced for First Annual California Green Medal: Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards
- April 01, 2015Raise a Glass to “Green” for California Wines Down to Earth Month
- Februar 26, 2015California Wines Fuel $1.49 Billion in U.S. Wine Exports in 2014
- Januar 22, 2015California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) Receives Governor's Top Environmental Award
- Januar 07, 2015Great Winter Wine Escapes in California Wine Country
- Dezember 02, 2014"Down to Earth" California Wine Country Recipes for the Holidays
- Oktober 30, 2014Ten Great Places to Hike, Bike and Sip in California
SAN FRANCISCO — Wine Institute of California was given the 2014 Amorim Sustainability Award for a generic organization by The Drinks Business, a London-based industry trade publication. Wine Institute established the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA) with the California Association of Winegrape Growers more than a decade ago to implement wide adoption of sustainability practices in the state. In addition to the breadth and depth of the CSWA program, Wine Institute implemented several sustainability projects recently including: publication of a hard cover book Down to Earth: A Seasonal Tour of Sustainable Winegrowing in California, the launch of “Down to Earth,” an annual month-long celebration of green-themed winery events throughout California in April, a new consumer green tour video, an educational sustainability website section at discovercaliforniawines.com, publication of a sustainable water management handbook for small wineries, and a Life Cycle Assessment report and tool for California wine to reduce the carbon footprint of wine.
“We’re so honored to have our program receive international recognition by The Drinks Business for the second consecutive year,” said Allison Jordan, executive director of CSWA. “Our California wine community has a deep commitment to responsible business and environmental practices. The vintners and growers involved in the program represent more than 70 percent of California’s wine production and winegrape acreage. With California as the fourth leading wine producer in the world making 90 percent of U.S. wine, the scale of the program is huge with credit belonging to thousands of grower and vintner participants who have embraced sustainability with such passion.”
The California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization incorporated in 2003 and headquartered in San Francisco. CSWA’s mission is to ensure that the California wine community is recognized globally as the leader in sustainable winegrowing in the marketplace and public policy arena through the development and promotion of sustainable practices, tools for education and outreach, partnerships with key stakeholders, and prioritizing research. To date, CSWA has held 250 workshops on sustainable practices attended by 11,000 participants.
About Wine Institute
Wine Institute is the association of 1,000 California wineries and wine-related businesses dedicated to enhancing the environment for the responsible production, consumption and enjoyment of wine. California is the fourth largest wine producer in the world, making 90 percent of all U.S. wine and three out of every five bottles enjoyed in the U.S. Each year, 21 million tourists visit wine regions throughout the state to explore and enjoy the wines, cuisine and cultural offerings associated with California’s signature industry. Go to: www.discovercaliforniawines.com for more California wine information.